Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Back from the beach




We just got back from the beach and my first day back at work was yesterday. We had a great time at the beach. We went to the Outer Banks -- specifically, Pine Island, which is halfway between Duck and Corolla on the northern side of the Outer Banks. The weather was glorious and everything really was wonderful. If I could just figure out a way to make a living down there!

The kids had a great time on the beach. They seemed to really like playing in the sand, and we brought upteen numbers of sand toys for them to enjoy. It was worth the "lugging of the toys" to see them playing together and really enjoying themselves.

Here's a picture of the kids enjoying a popsicle yesterday afternoon. Yes, they are sharing a popsicle. Yes, I know about the germs that are shared between them. But this is a popsicle that they shared after they each had their own. And I thought they looked cute together.

This week we are going to a pot luck dinner for our daycare center/preschool. Then two weeks later is my daughter's 4th birthday party. Yes, things are getting busy in the thick of the summer. I would not trade any of this, though.

No comments: