Sunday, December 11, 2005

Back from Baltimore

We just got back from Baltimore!

Friday I stayed home with the kids for a "snow day" and packed for our short trip to Baltimore. We went to celebrate Nicholas' birthday -- my little man will be 2 years old on Tuesday (*sniff sniff*) so we celebrated his birthday just like we did for Natalie. We went to the National Aquarium and to Port Discovery. We stayed at the Renaissance Harborplace -- very nice, but self-parking at $21 a day? What is up with that??? Well, I did get the room for a deal on Priceline -- so I won't moan too much.

Anyway, we had a blast. The new addition to the aquarium is VERY nice. Inner Harbor is a great deal of fun during the holidays -- very festive with the lights and decorations, people caroling along the waterfront. Lots of fun.

The pavilions at Inner Harbor could teach their retail sales help a little bit on the "May I help you?" front. DH went into one of the stores and he was nearly accosted by one of the clerks -- "What can I help you find today?" before he even made it completely inside the store. He said, "Nothing" and walked out. I HATE when I get followed around like that. Send me straight to buying online!

No comments: