Friday, December 02, 2005

Today is Friday...

Today is Friday, Today is Friday, Friday is fresh fish...

Ooops -- slipped into the Eric Carle book for a moment. Must be the lack of sleep.

Yes, today is the last day of solo parenting. United Airlines, no mess ups with flights from San Jose this afternoon, thank you very much.

Our parents' group at preschool did a fundraiser to raise money for bonuses for the teachers -- we sold wreaths this week and it turned into a pretty nice fundraiser ($800 profit). I put the wreath in my car Wednesday night and opted to store it outside instead of in the house so that it would be in better shape to hang on our back door. Well, I was up until midnight on Wednesday night (actually more like 1 am Thursday) doing laundry and was up at 5 am Thursday cooking. (Yes, I was making a casserole for dinner at 5 AM Thursday.)

As we were leaving at 8:20 am Thursday morning, my daughter says, "Why is the wreath over there in the carport, Mom, and not hanging on the door?"

I nearly lost it. But I am happy to say I bit my tongue.

But REALLY!

Little Man seems to be doing much better. He's been on the Albuterol since Monday night and he was supposed to be on it for 3 to 5 days. I think I am going to stop that medication today as the wheezing is gone. He'll still be on the Omnicef for another week for his ear infections, but he really sounds so much better.

Of course my daughter now has sniffles, sneezes, and coughs. Perfect timing for Daddy's arrival and for the possible first snow in DC sometime this weekend.

Dad and mom see the attorney this afternoon. I think my dad managed to do the living will part but not my mom -- dad said she broke down in tears just reading the paperwork, and said that my brother and I would know what to do. Sheesh.

My advice to all -- do everyone a favor and complete a Living Will WAY before you are eligible for a AARP card.

No comments: