Saturday, November 18, 2006

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

This past week at work we had our annual charity drive. Each year there is a group "PB&J making" event to benefit a shelter. Well, this year the shelter had so many pick-ups to do that they literally could not get someone to pick up sandwiches from us, so we had a group caravan (two minivans and an SUV) go and drop sandwiches to them. I was part of the group.

Since it was later in the afternoon, I opted to pick up Nicholas to join me for the ride. He loves to "cross the river" near the airport to see the airplanes and the monuments near the 14th Street bridge. Along the way I told him where we were going and that we were dropping off sandwiches to people that needed food to eat.

So we managed to get to the right place, meet up with everyone, etc., and I got the boxes unloaded out of the back of the minivan. So as I was backing out of the alley, Nicholas said, "But Mommy, I wanted to talk to everyone and tell them about how great the sandwiches are." :-)

And a quick update on Nicholas' ear tubes -- his otolaryngologist is all booked up for November 30th, so we are having one of the other docs at the practice put in his tubes on the 27th. We'll tell Nicholas about it a couple of days before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just catching up on your blog ...and now run out of time *sigh*

I tried to leave a comment and ended up somehow sending an email to you from here, which only allowed me 300 text spaces. Which meant by the time I had edited it 20 times to fit (ARRGGHH!) I didn't get to simply say...

I'm thinking of you, you're way too busy and I hope things will slow down a little for you guys soon!

Take care