Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Happy Birthday, My Sugarplum!


3 years ago today my sugarplum came into the world.

Nicholas, you were a "hard fought for" baby. It was not exactly the easiest of pregnancies, and Daddy and I got all sorts of unexpected news from doctors along the way. We made the best decisions that we could, always putting you and your big sister first. Thankfully what the doctors were predicting was very, very wrong. Your daddy actually remembered to take pictures in the delivery room (as he totally blanked out on that when your sister was born). And the moment I saw you -- wow, my sugarplum -- it was magic! I don't know quite how to explain it, but looking into your eyes is like looking into a very old soul.

Thank you for being here, sweetheart! All my love and kisses on your 3rd birthday!
(Here are some pictures of Nicholas at age one, two, and at his 3rd birthday party at the fire department on Saturday.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS!

Gosh, he's so OLD looking, Karen...
I'm glad you all had a great birthday. He's got some birthday wishes up on the Board, when you have time to check!

Ryan has that shirt - and every other train shirt or sweater in that Gymboree line.