Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happenings

To say things have been hectic would be an understatement.

We have been making our way through summer camp time, which has been a logistics "challenge" for me. I have been doing my best to keep up with Natalie's schoolwork during the summer, but there is so much more that I wanted to have done by now. Anyway, we've been trying. Thankfully she's been going to some great field trips, so I know she's being exposed to "good stuff". We have been trying to add in some things on weekends as well. As an example, yesterday we finished up preparations for Natalie's birthday party next weekend. We calculated how many things we would need to get, what size birthday cake we would need for her guests, etc. We went to the bakery and ordered her cake and we "did math" without talking about it as "doing math". :-) We're just trying to make it a part of daily living.

On the medical front, Dad did well with his hip replacement surgery (on July 24), as an update for all those that have asked about him. He's at the rehab place now and should be back home sometime next week. Natalie did well at her doctor's appointment the following day, and her vision is "perfect". The "scanning problem" identified at her school is therefore not a vision issue.

This morning we went to Clemyjontri Park in McLean for the first time -- and I have to say, kudos to all those that worked on such a delightful playground! I took some pictures -- I hope you enjoy them!



No comments: