Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary

DH and I celebrated 15 years of wedded bliss on Thursday (the 27th). We attempted to go out to dinner, but Nicholas was loaded for bear, so our dinner at Silverado was -- well, it was abbreviated. So we'll celebrate instead during our upcoming trip to Walt Disney World.

Natalie did play soccer on Saturday as well as go to dance class. Sunday we went to the American Dance Institute to their Open House and to meet Angela Ballerina. Both Natalie and Nicholas took a "ballet class" where they learned five ballet positions. They both had fun. Natalie loved seeing Angelina Ballerina. Nicholas saw Angelina Ballerina and then prompt got down on all fours to "be a puppy" and barked at her.

And we got a call today that he won the door prize of the Angelina On Stage book!

Anyway, if you are in the Rockville, MD, area, near Congressional Plaza, please check out their dance school. Natalie goes to Arlington Center for Dance and we are very happy there, but I was pretty impressed with the facilities and the students at American Dance Institute.


Finally -- DH brought Natalie to Kindergarten registration today. I REALLY wanted to go, but our annual "big event" at work was today and I could not go to the registration. Yes, I'm bummed and I was thinking about Natalie ALL DAY today. Shows me that I should plan on taking the day off when Natalie starts Kindergarten this fall. :-)

1 comment:

Karen said...

"Loaded for bear"...ah, yes...as in "weapon fully loaded, locked and ready". One example -- we get to the restaurant and have called ahead so we have a table waiting for us. First stop is to wait for the hostess to seat us. Of course the first stop is by the candy dish (sour balls):

"I want candy."

"You can have one, and Natalie can have one."

"I don't want one, I want five."

"You can have one and you can have one after dinner."

"I don't want one, I want five."

"Nicholas, pick one so we can go sit down for dinner."

"I want a red one."

"Thank you for picking one."

Off to the table we go. Less than 30 seconds later:

"I don't want a red one, I want a green one." And he attempts to take off to go back to the candy dish. This sort of thing was repeated approximately every 4 to 5 minutes.

Very much loaded for bear. :-)