Thursday, May 18, 2006

Robocalls

A little bit of a rant...

Yesterday afternoon I called our home answering machine to see if we had any messages and was a little shocked when I heard we had 13 new messages. This was even more shocking because I had called to check the answering machine at lunchtime and there were no new messages at 1 pm.

So I began to scroll through the new messages:

"This is delegate so-and-so and I'm calling to urge your support of James Webb for Senate on Tuesday, June 13..."

"This is Harris Miller, candidate for Senate, and I need your support on Tuesday, June 13..."

"Hi, my name is so-and-so and I am asking for your support of Harris Miller on Tuesday, June 13th..."

etc.

Thirteen of these messages. All of these left on our home answering machine, sometime between 1 pm and 5 pm on Wednesday, May 17. And the election is WHEN?

*sigh*

And yes, we will be voting in the primary on Tuesday, June 13th. But I probably should not say we are undecided on who we will be voting for. Then they'll leave more messages!

No comments: