Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Eye exams

Natalie went for her first "full blown" eye exam over the weekend. She has perfect eyes and no color blindness.

I have what is called "lazy eye" and it was never diagnosed early enough (as a young child) to be patched early on. So I'm stuck with what I have and literally have no depth perception thanks to it. I didn't want Natalie to be in a similar predicament, and I wanted to rule out things that may have helped inattention at school, so I scheduled the appointment with my eye doctor.

Natalie did great with the appointment and the eye doctor was fabulous! Seriously, if you know anyone that ever needs a recommendation for a good eye doctor for kids in Arlington, VA, tell them to contact Dr. Trisia Jarvis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen or others - do you know where Dr. Jarvis has gone. I understand she is no longer with Virginia Vision Associates and possibly not in Virginia (as of June 2008). Like you, I have eye problems that no other doctor has treated as well as Dr. Jarvis. If she is anywhere within two-three hours, I would drive to see her.

Cathy