Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Strep throat

DH got the call yesterday from my doctor's office. Yes, the throat culture they did on Thursday that had to "cook" for two (which ended up being 3+ due to the weekend) days tested positive. So I'm on amoxicillin for 10 days. Of course Natalie finished her antibiotic on Saturday and Nicholas finished his on Sunday. So now I am hoping that I have not reinfected them with strep. *sigh*

We're in waiting-for-whatever-storm mode. Natalie is disappointed that there is no snow yet. She'll be really disappointed if it's "only" ice. Ugh, I really despise ice storms. If it can't be snow, I'd much prefer rain over ice.

Natalie celebrated her 100th day of school by bringing home "trail mix" that her teacher mixed in class. Each student brought in 100 pieces of something -- cheese crackers, M&Ms, pretzels, etc. Natalie brought in 100 chocolate chips. So every child got to bring a trail mix bag home. Natalie even shared some with her brother. :-)

It's just after 4 am and there's no snow on the ground (yet) but some light snow just started. I'm guessing that we might be looking at early release for the county public schools. The afternoon commute might be quite "interesting".

No comments: