Sunday, March 27, 2005

James Taylor at the mall

Forgot to mention something about Friday...

We are at a local mall on Friday and I am on a search to find a spot where my Cingular service will actually work (grrrr) -- Natalie hears music over the intercom. The song playing was "Smiling Face" by James Taylor. She immediately shouts, "Mommy, it's James Taylor!" She was almost shocked that she would hear a James Taylor at the mall.

Natalie has literally grown up on James Taylor. When I was 8 months pregnant, Dad-to-be and I joined Dad-to-be's brother and brother's wife at Tanglewood to see James Taylor in concert. (It was the July 3rd concert -- thought there would be too many "booms" on the July 4th date.) We were fortunate enough to get shed seats (vs. me having to waddle across the lawn) and had a magical time. (And listening to Yo Yo Ma accompanying James Taylor on Sweet Baby James was almost heavenly!) We sing lots of James Taylor songs to both of our children, including, most frequently, You Can Close Your Eyes. For those that don't know the lyrics, they are:

Well the sun is surely sinking down
And the moon is slowly rising
So this old world must still be spinning ’round
And I still love you

(chorus)
So close your eyes
You can close your eyes, it’s all right
I don’t know no love songs
And I can’t sing the blues anymore
But I can sing this song
And you can sing this song
When I’m gone

It won’t be long before another day
We gonna have a good time
And no one’s gonna take that time away
You can stay as long as you like

- chorus -

Thus the name of this blog.

No comments: