Friday, March 03, 2006

Green Eggs and Ham...and bacon, and cleaning, and working

Natalie was in tears while I read Green Eggs and Ham. Why? Because her friends were sharing her Mommy.

I did get quite a welcoming -- 8 little faces shrieking "SHE'S HERE!!!!" as I walked towards the classroom door. And the kids were all great. Except for Natalie. She went into TOTAL meltdown. And when I was done reading the story, she didn't want me to leave.

*sigh* Not a fun way to return to the office.

And speaking of offices...looks like Mr. Tierney has done it again in his NY Times piece. Amanda posted about it a few days ago and I read about it on Elizabeth's site. And Bitch PhD summed it up -- we are just darn tired. And are working dads equally tired?

And, for the record, I'm happily married. I'd appreciate it a little if DH could be home earlier so I didn't have to listen to "I'm hungry" calls at 6:10 pm until 7 pm, but, like he told me tonight last night, he has to be in the office from 9 am until 6 pm. No options.

No comments: